Kokui Hirameku Requiem
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kokui Hirameku Requiem

-+ The requiem that comes in black clothing +-

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Screen Time and Zanpakutos

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Lisa Yadomaru

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2007-07-31

Screen Time and Zanpakutos Empty
PostSubject: Screen Time and Zanpakutos   Screen Time and Zanpakutos EmptyWed Sep 12, 2007 6:56 pm

You know what really grinds my gears? XD How Nanao and Nemu have like no screentime and nameless zanpakutos and abilities. Jubo or whatever the hell his name is (lol) needs to fix this ASAP.
Back to top Go down
Hitsugaya Toushiro

Hitsugaya Toushiro

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2007-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Screen Time and Zanpakutos   Screen Time and Zanpakutos EmptyThu Sep 13, 2007 12:38 am

LOL. Point taken, but those may or may not even own zanpakutos, but it's interesting to think about... I want to know myself. Like the other captain's bankai as well, we only get to see a couple... but they all could get their time to shine soon, at least in the manga.
Back to top Go down
Arturo Plateado

Arturo Plateado

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2007-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Screen Time and Zanpakutos   Screen Time and Zanpakutos EmptyThu Sep 13, 2007 4:53 am

While I could understand Nemu not having a zanpakutou, having been created by Mayuri, Nanao not possessing one makes no sense. She is, after all, a fukutaichou. One cannot obtain that rank without having some skills in the area of zanjutsu. While Nanao does seem the type to use kidou, she no doubt has a sword somewhere (in her sleeve? Concealed as that book?).

And, yes, I'd love to see the bankais of the taichou as well. It's a fact that every one of them (short of Kenpachi) has achieved bankai. That's a lot of people yet to be shown. Soifon and Genryuusai interest me the most. To think of their abilities without bankai and then tacking that on it?

Genryuusai's shikai is said to be the strongest attacking zanpakutou (as well as strongest fire) in all of Soul Society. With a mere wave of his Ryuujin Jakka he can turn entire areas into nothing but ash. He took on the (rumored) strongest two taichou single-handedly. With bankai it's amazing anyone stands a chance.

Then look at Soifon. Her shikai's ability is already insane and ridiculously cheap. Two-hit kill? Ouch. I've seen it in action on Blade Battlers too, it isn't fun. Then she also has shunkou, the same as Yoruichi. While it's nowhere near Yoruichi's control level (at least, not at the time it was revealed) it's power in the hands of Yoruichi easily compares to (if no surpasses) a bankai. To have Soifon unleash her bankai and combine it with shunkou? God.

So much potential. Kubo, you're sitting on such great writing and you're busy dragging out annoyingly long fights in Hueco Mundo. Hopefully when the winter war finally starts, we'll see more of what we want.
Back to top Go down
Kurosaki kun

Kurosaki kun

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2007-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Screen Time and Zanpakutos   Screen Time and Zanpakutos EmptyThu Sep 13, 2007 8:50 am

It seems to me like bankai and things like that are only shown for the more popular characters, and even then that it's only a conditional showing. As for Yoruichi and Soifon's bankai, I still don't think either of them have one. We've already guessed that shunko was just a replacement for bankai (if not better), and Yoruichi has only been seen using her zanpakuto limitedly in a brief shot of a movie (I think); and also her carrying it during a flashback with Kisuke. I went over a few old episodes, and Yoruichi said that Urahara was the only person that was able to complete his own special bankai training when she was training Ichigo to do the same. She's not "technically" a captain, but she was the former "commander" of the special forces, as Soifon is now. Does that negate the bankai requirement?
I don't think it's that Kubo hasn't thought of all of these bankai and special abilities.
It's just that writing them into the story cohesively with relevancy to what's going on is close to impossible, especially since the main cast is in Hueco Mundo, while they're hiding under their blankets in the Soul Society. >_> It seems like the only people that are actually doing anything are the ones that went to HM, Urahara, Yoruichi, and Isshin from the backround.
Back to top Go down
Kurosaki kun

Kurosaki kun

PostSubject: Re: Screen Time and Zanpakutos   Screen Time and Zanpakutos EmptyThu Sep 13, 2007 8:55 am

>_> And from the raw spoilers, it's looking like Nnoitara is going to get a reaaal asswhooping.
Back to top Go down
Kurosaki kun

Kurosaki kun

PostSubject: Re: Screen Time and Zanpakutos   Screen Time and Zanpakutos EmptyThu Sep 13, 2007 9:01 am

ROFL BULLSHIT. NELL IS 3RD.

THIS IS UNFORGIVABLE.
Back to top Go down
Arturo Plateado

Arturo Plateado

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2007-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Screen Time and Zanpakutos   Screen Time and Zanpakutos EmptyThu Sep 13, 2007 6:41 pm

Well, it was stated that bankai was achieved by all taichou except for Kenpachi. That means that Soifon does indeed have a bankai. She's also seen using her zanpakutou as apposed to Yoruichi who almost never does. So it's a safe bet that Soifon definately has bankai.

Yoruichi on the other hand? Not so much. She doesn't appear to have (or need) bankai. Considering she's far more adept at shunkou than Soifon it makes sense I suppose.

And that means Ulquiorra is no longer the strongest known Espada. Pity..
Back to top Go down
Hitsugaya Toushiro

Hitsugaya Toushiro

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2007-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Screen Time and Zanpakutos   Screen Time and Zanpakutos EmptyThu Sep 13, 2007 8:55 pm

Yes, having a bankai is a requirement of bankai, Kenpachi being the except cuz he has a ton of reiatsu... Yoruichi does say this when telling Ichigo about bankai. Yoruichi only seemed to use a zanpakuto before leaving soul society so she probably ditched it or something. And back then, she was only a commander, not a captain... she was born under a royal family. Soifon did take her place then they could have made that into one of the divisions, I guess.

And they are getting ready in Soul society, like training and what not.

Lol, Ulquiorra never really was the strongest Espada when his number is revealed... there are 3 ahead of him, just dunno who yet. Nel is a former Espada so there is one that took her place... whoever it is now.

But Tom could be right when saying that Kubo hasn't really even made zanpakuto for the lesser characters, or maybe they'll all get their timje to shine when the envasion starts, like I said before.
Back to top Go down
Ulquiorra Schiffer
Admin
Ulquiorra Schiffer

Number of posts : 234
Registration date : 2007-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Screen Time and Zanpakutos   Screen Time and Zanpakutos EmptyFri Sep 14, 2007 2:16 pm

Nanao and Nemu have zanpaku-to, as it was revealed in the BLEACH Art Collection ; IN BLACK or whatever it's name was. Yeah this Hueco Mundo arc is pretty much getting ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/kokuihirameku/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Screen Time and Zanpakutos   Screen Time and Zanpakutos Empty

Back to top Go down

Screen Time and Zanpakutos
Page 1 of 1